The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)

Go down 
+5
Nova
Jericho
Bleed Green
Jarrett
Adam
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam
Founder
Founder

The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) Empty
PostSubject: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:18 pm

The Universe Be The Booker Section
Now I firmly believe there is a lot of talent -- acknowledged and otherwise -- floating around this whole site when it comes to booking. Perhaps the person is a proven booker and has a succesful BTB, perhaps they haven't had a succesful booker but the ideas they have shown in their attempts signify that they could be great and others still, have shown the potential simply by discussion about general wrestling. The problem?

This section is a mess.

I've come up Iwith a few ideas that I think will greatly improve this section and I hope they can be passed and made official;
I. Rules
II. Reviewing System
III. BTB Tips
IV. BTB Resources
V. BTB Advice Center
VI. BTB of the Month

I. Rules
I think this is this must be prioritized in making this section stronger, rules provide the foundation for everything and to be honest this section seems to be no-holds-barred anarchy with bookers popping up more often than my penis when the Knockouts are on. My main rule in this section would be one booker every 28 days. This stops people starting a booker just because they have a cool idea, burning out after 5 days and starting a new one two days later. I myself am one of the biggest offenders of this and I seriously think it's terrible. I believe that this will encourage bookers to stick with the BTB they have started and also to think carefully before launching into a new one. The 28 day rule would only come into effect if your booker had reached a certain number of posts -- most likely 20, otherwise you would have to wait longer because let's be real, if you do a booker that can't reach 20 posts, you've been wasting everybodies time. There would also be rules about bumping such as posting "show is nearly done" just in an effort to get more posts on your booker. And plagiarism will of course be touched on.

II. Reviewing System
There is absaloutely nothing worse than seeing somebody has commented on your BTB and when you check it you see three words that kill you "good show man" . . . I mean, the fuck? C'mon! I've spent hours, days slaving over that show and you respond with that?

Not only does such a short sentence annoy bookers it also implies you haven't read the show in it's entirity which is also annoying. Think about it, if you really thought that it was a good show and you want to read more you'd let the booker know. Such a short response isn't going to encourage anyone.

In fact this is probably going to fall into the rules under spam as it is really spam if you're just running around posting "cool show" in an attempt to get people to do the same on your thread. Who wants a booker full of posts like that anyway?

One thing that all bookers secretly love is criticism . . . and lots of it. It's how we improve as bookers and eight lines saying what was wrong and what may have been a better thing to do is infinitely more helpful than the usual four or five word responses.

Now that I've mentioned criticism, I'm going to have to say it should be constructive and helpful. If you point out flaws, jumps in logic, where they can improve and are generally trying to help a booker, then that is brilliant. You're making a valuable contribution to the section and will be well respected for it. However don't cross into flaming comments such as "Boring, this is stupid" or "This makes no sense". These comments help NOBODY and don't really provide a purpose of helping someone improve. I'm hoping we can attract new members to the booker section, be especially careful not to insult them as it could turn them off booking -- and remember they're only new.

III. BTB Tips
This will be a sticky'd thread that will contain tips on how to properly start a BTB and the basics anybody needs to know to set-up. This will also contain key tips on things such as advanced booking, brand advice, preparation, planning, logic, match-writing and layout. This should provide help for all bookers!

IV. BTB Resources
This will include a large list of speciality matches, arena locations and useful links. The links will include graphic requests, superstars pages and writing tools.

V. BTB Advice Center
This is kind of like a general discussion but things won't go off on tangents. It will be a sticky'd thread. Members are encourage to post queries about booking and other members are encouraged to respond. This will help create a sense of community whilst also providing an indirect avenue to improve booking. I think of it like this; if you're wondering about a certain booking decision e.g -- how do you end a monster heels reign with the championship without making him look weak -- you can be sure other people are wondering the same thing. In posting the question, it's like creating an open forum where people will post various ideas on. Now when anybodies booking and encounter the problem, they can simply look in the Advice Center to see previous responses. Also once every so often myself and other members will do blogs on generally wondered about things in booking. For example, I know my first blog will be about Transitional Champions and their pro's and con's. These will be posted in the advice center and archived in the first post for people to read.

VI. BTB of the Month
What makes people strive to be the best? Recognition. Throughout the month not only will people be looking to improve thier own BTB, they'll be trying to do so while becoming the best booker in the entire section. This friendly competiton will motivate you like nothing else with the winner forever going down as booker of the month. Who decides? Why you do of course.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Passed and made official? Done.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Passed and made official? Done.

Thank you, this can only improve the section. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:52 pm

For those wondering, I should have all the required information to fully make the above happen by this time tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Me and a friend are doing a booker on another site. I could post my SD! shows on this too.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 am

This a really good idea and you've done a great job implimenting it, well done. I had planned on addressing the feedback situation but you've gone above and beyond with this. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Nicely put Adam, now I know I'm one of those people who say's "nice show man" but I read through them thoroughly and take my time so I can picture and understand whats going on but anywaysss...

I'm glad it was made official this should neaten things up a bit. Wink
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Yup I'm working on all the stuff now Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Rules for peoples' Be the Bookers are stupid, tbh. Rest I agree.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:

Do you care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

1 Booker per 28 days: This is real stupid. I mean if I only had 1 booker per 28 days, I'd be dead. Somewhere I am in a group booker, and a WWE Booker (even though I haven't done it in like a month).

2. No bumping Bookers: Well, that is a good technique. Now saying that the show is nearly done, if the show is that day, then it's not bad, letting people know when it'll be posted. It's just a good technique.

3. No plagarism: I agree with this a little.. But it causes problems. We've seen a couple of bookers that have picked up from the WWE where it was and book it from there on. We've seen people use match types like Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank and Ultimate X match, that is copyrighted by their respective companies. We've seen people do WWE bookers, and it's hard not to revive rivalries from the past that you really liked and wanted to see go on.

And the other things, I totally 100% agree. I like those ideas.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

1 Booker per 28 days: This is real stupid. I mean if I only had 1 booker per 28 days, I'd be dead. Somewhere I am in a group booker, and a WWE Booker (even though I haven't done it in like a month).

2. No bumping Bookers: Well, that is a good technique. Now saying that the show is nearly done, if the show is that day, then it's not bad, letting people know when it'll be posted. It's just a good technique.

3. No plagarism: I agree with this a little.. But it causes problems. We've seen a couple of bookers that have picked up from the WWE where it was and book it from there on. We've seen people use match types like Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank and Ultimate X match, that is copyrighted by their respective companies. We've seen people do WWE bookers, and it's hard not to revive rivalries from the past that you really liked and wanted to see go on.

Using an Elimination Chamber or Money in the Bank match is not plagiarism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

"All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 WWE, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this website you consent to your information being maintained in the United States, subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may be different than the law of your home country." - WWE.com

That's Money in the Bank and Elimination Chamber.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

"All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 WWE, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this website you consent to your information being maintained in the United States, subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may be different than the law of your home country." - WWE.com

Do you know the difference between plagiarism and copyright infringement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

Do you know the difference between plagiarism and copyright infringement?
Uhh.. I'm not a dumbass. It's the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Plagiarism: The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

Copyright infringement: A violation of the rights secured by a copyright.

That copyright is so that someone like TNA can't go and make a Royal Rumble match or Elimination Chamber, call it the same thing, make it the same concept, and pass it off as their own. Not to prevent someone making up their own storyline and including a Money in the Bank in it and posting it online.

That is also why Kharma is not Awesome Kong and why Mr. Anderson is not Mr. Kennedy.

Last edited by Jarrett on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

"All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. ©️ 2011 WWE, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this website you consent to your information being maintained in the United States, subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may be different than the law of your home country." - WWE.com

1) You've just summed up the whole reason for this rule, you've never had a long booker on this site (neither have I -- I'm not hating) this rule is implemented on other sites and seriously helps people stick with a booker and PLAN big time where they want to go with it. I think a lot of people do on-the-fly booking, week to week which is always a recipe for short-term disaster. You're in two bookers already and if you have one here that's three, surely that's enough? And would you not rather have a great BTB that everyone raves about for six months than have ten different ones in six months?

2)I understand completely what you mean, I'm trying to encourage people to be more creative -- instead of bumping a thread, post a news update, a good one that will get a bit of buzz going. Or maybe instead of saying show in two days, post a predicitons contest.

3)I don't mean what you say -- although that is the correct term -- I mean you can't copy somebody elses work. Like you taking Jarrett's work and passing it off as your own. You're more than welcome to do everything else you said! Smile

Thanks for posting Mikel, nice post and I hope this helps clear things up a bit!
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Adam.
I fucking love you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
Adam wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:

Yes.

"All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. ©️ 2011 WWE, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this website you consent to your information being maintained in the United States, subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may be different than the law of your home country." - WWE.com

1) You've just summed up the whole reason for this rule, you've never had a long booker on this site (neither have I -- I'm not hating) this rule is implemented on other sites and seriously helps people stick with a booker and PLAN big time where they want to go with it. I think a lot of people do on-the-fly booking, week to week which is always a recipe for short-term disaster. You're in two bookers already and if you have one here that's three, surely that's enough? And would you not rather have a great BTB that everyone raves about for six months than have ten different ones in six months?

2)I understand completely what you mean, I'm trying to encourage people to be more creative -- instead of bumping a thread, post a news update, a good one that will get a bit of buzz going. Or maybe instead of saying show in two days, post a predicitons contest.

3)I don't mean what you say -- although that is the correct term -- I mean you can't copy somebody elses work. Like you taking Jarrett's work and passing it off as your own. You're more than welcome to do everything else you said! Smile

Thanks for posting Mikel, nice post and I hope this helps clear things up a bit!
Applauds from Mikel to Adam.

Thank goodness someone had the balls and sense to post like an authority figure here. That was impressive and needs to be done here more often, especially when it comes to other things. And I understand what you're saying on 1 and 2. And plus, I still have an issue with the 28 day rule. If you're in a group booker and you got 1 show per day, then you are bored the other 6 days a week. Especially you have 4 days busy in 28 days, but you are bored the other 24 days.. That's what I'm trying to say with that. And I feel it could have the potential to be great, as you're thinking. It could also spell disaster. Because if the members do a booker and are bored 6 days a week, they could not post in the BTB section those 6 days. They could try a booker and find that the booker isn't for them, and lasts 3 days and 1 show. Now they have to wait 25 days until they can make a new booker.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Mikel, you're fucking retarded...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I Fap to Noeleen wrote:
And you're the biggest fucking man whore on The Universe.

Payback's a bitch Razz
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:
I Fap to Noeleen wrote:

Payback's a bitch Razz

Payback...? If you mean actually mean that sentence, you just called yourself a bitch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:10 pm

I Fap to Noeleen wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
I Fap to Noeleen wrote:

Payback's a bitch Razz

Payback...? If you mean actually mean that sentence, you just called yourself a bitch...
Yes, and you're a low-life cigarette-lighting faggot.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Stop the The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) Spamsi10!
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Colin Cowherd wrote:
I Fap to Noeleen wrote:
Colin Cowherd wrote:
I Fap to Noeleen wrote:

Payback's a bitch Razz

Yes, and you're a low-life cigarette-lighting faggot.

By all means, Michelle, keep going. You're going me quite a laugh. Cujo and Noeleen can verify.

And eat a dick, Jarrett.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)   The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Be The Booker Section (please read and comment)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next