The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
BTB Advice Center EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
BTB Advice Center EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
BTB Advice Center EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
BTB Advice Center EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
BTB Advice Center EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
BTB Advice Center EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
BTB Advice Center EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

BTB Advice Center

Go down 
+6
LegendOfCasey
Nova
Jarrett
Bret
SP
Adam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam
Founder
Founder

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Ever wondered when you should pull the trigger on a MITB cash-in? Or when to push a fledgling youngster? This is the place for you. Post all queries on general booking here to get a wide variety of answers. Every so often a member will write about something on booking that is so helpful and impressive that it will get archived here.

POST AWAY TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT!
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 pm

What is the best way to go, to get the most out of a match.

Battle Royal; written in full.

or

A Tournament; written in "Closing Moments."
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Im my point of view it completely depends on your own writing style. If you are good at keeping a reader's attention go with the battle royal. If that isn't one of your strong suits run with the tourney. Either way, you should end up with multiple storylines coming out of this.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks.
This really helps.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm

What Bret said is true, all too often tournaments or royals are wasted because the spotlight is put purely on the winner. I'd only run a tournament or royal if I was stuck for storylines or feuds as it is an easy thing to take from them. A big name knocked out in the first round/early in the match -- redemption. The runner up -- revenge. Easy things to book.

If the prize is huge like a World Championship match, I'd lean towards a tournament. It takes skill to win three matches in a tournament but it can easily be viewed as luck to win a one-off match where you don't have to do a lot of the work.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Continuing with what Adam said, no matter what match it is, if there are multiple people in it, whether it's a battle royal, four way, Rumble, MITB, Chamber, or whatever else, don't make the winner look like the winner from start to finish. Make everybody look equally good and bad at points throughout the match and make it come down to an unpredictable finish. Even if your match result is predictable, make the finish look unpredictable.

Some recent ECCW examples of this:

- The Royal Crumble: It came down to five able superstars. Even further, the top three all looked like they had something that could lead to a victory. Daniel Evans had a heel push going for him on Terror, Harry Jones had lasted since the first entry and had plenty of momentum, and John Leopold had just made his big return. Any of the above could have stole the win.

- The Elimination Chambers: Nobody could be sure Angel or Dustin Shore would retain their titles going into the PPV. And with the final two in the respective matches being Angel vs. Casey Anomaly and Dustin Shore vs. Jarrett Calloway, there were lots of times where it looked like the challenger was going to get it.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Ah. Ok.

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 pm

I, personally, would do Tournaments. Because Battle Royals, I do like order of elimination. For Tournaments, I do closing moments. And the Tournaments, whether in one night or one month, will get more rivalries sturring and attract my audiences better. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Veteran
Veteran
Nova

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Leave BTB Advice Center 1683281855
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm

.ηovа. wrote:

ladybug
Back to top Go down

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm

.ηovа. wrote:
-__- Neutral
Back to top Go down
LegendOfCasey
Executive
Executive
LegendOfCasey

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I just noticed this but there seems to be alot of WWE bookers around run by guys like RED, Nova Jigsaw and others. Why not make it into a league of sorts and see who can write better shows and other shit.

Just a random thought I had.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 pm

^
That would be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

The Legend of Casey wrote:
I just noticed this but there seems to be alot of WWE bookers around run by guys like RED, Nova Jigsaw and others. Why not make it into a league of sorts and see who can write better shows and other shit.

Just a random thought I had.

Well that's what they're doing as it is surely? The right to be recognized as the best booker of current day WWE? Reviews will prove as a gauge to everyone who is the best but we also have the BTB of the Month coming into play this month. I'm sure they'll shoot for it!!!
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 6:51 pm

What's preferred? YouTube Titantrons or lyrics to the themes?
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Personally I prefer reading a show with Lyrics, it's easier on the eyes and I HATE sifting through a load of youtube videos. One at the start for the intro is cool and maybe for the main event or PPV's.
Back to top Go down
Bleed Green
Veteran
Veteran
Bleed Green

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm looking to see what the overall is for the site, to help others and cause I'm thinking of starting a new booker over here.
Back to top Go down
Bret
Jobber
Jobber
Bret

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Lyrics or Names of entrance themes are better. Youtube videos make everything more disjointed.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:48 am

Youtube videos everywhere are the worst. Don't do it, I know it turns me off from reading shows.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 am

I just recently changed my ways of videos on shows. Lyrics are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 am

If I use a youtube video, I'll use it to hype a return of a wrestler, or hype up an upcoming PPV. but when I do use them, there is only at the max 2 if necessary in my shows.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 am

Jigsaw* wrote:
If I use a youtube video, I'll use it to hype a return of a wrestler, or hype up an upcoming PPV. but when I do use them, there is only at the max 2 if necessary in my shows.

Used like that it isn't an issue, but when it's used for every singles entrance it drives me, and I know a lot of other people as well, insane! I'm glad you don't do it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BTB Advice Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB Advice Center   BTB Advice Center Empty

Back to top Go down

BTB Advice Center
Page 1 of 1