The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Adam Presents : Must See Matches

Go down 
+8
fuck
SP
RED
Jericho
Cole
Jarrett
White guy
Adam
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam
Founder
Founder

Adam Presents : Must See Matches Empty
PostSubject: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:46 am

Here is where I will make a list of what people think are must see matches. Feel free to post matches you believe are worthy of being on the list. I'll start us off with a few but remember I rarely have watched anything outside of the mainstream promotions. And I left a HEAP out of WWE because I've no doubt members here will fill that part up. I will also review them and give them a rating, although this is personal opinion only.

WWE
CM Punk vs John Cena | Money in the Bank 2011
Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels | WrestleMania X
The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudley Boys vs Edge & Christian | WrestleMania 17
John Cena vs Rob Van Dam | ECW One Night Stand 2006
DX vs Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Big Show | Unforgiven 2006
Mick Foley vs Edge | Wrestlemania 22
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker | WrestleMania 25 | *****
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker | WrestleMania 26

TNA
Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles | Unbreakable 2005
Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle | Turning Point 2006
Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles | Turning Point 2005
Petey Willams vs AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin | Final Resolution 2005
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs LAX | No Surrender 2006
America's Most Wanted vs Triple X | Turning Point 2004
Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle | Lockdown 2008
Kurt Angle vs Mr Anderson | Lockdown 2010
AJ Styles vs Abyss | Lockdown 2005
Amazing Red vs Low Ki | NWATNA 2002 | ****3/4
Desmond Wolfe vs Kurt Angle | Turning Point 2009

WCW
Goldberg vs Diamond Dallas Page | Halloween Havoc 1998 | ****3/4
Blitzkrieg vs Juvented Gurrera | Spring Stampede 1999
Eddy Guerrero vs Dean Malenko | Uncensored 1997
Chris Benoit vs Raven | Souled Out 1998
Steiner Brothers vs Sting & Lex Luger | Superbrawl 1991
Chris Benoit vs Kevin Sullivan | Great American Bash 1996
Rey Misterio Jr. vs Eddy Guerrero | Halloween Havoc 1997
Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham vs Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko & Rick Rude | WrestleWar 1992

RoH
Samoa Joe vs CM Punk | Joe vs Punk II

IWA-MS
CM Punk vs Eddy Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr | IWA Event 2002 | ****1/4

ECW
Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero | Hostile City Takeover 1995

Last edited by Adam on Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
White guy
Rookie
Rookie
White guy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:00 pm

IWA
CM Punk vs. Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:10 pm

White guy wrote:
IWA
CM Punk vs. Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

I've heard so much about this match, may watch it tonight. Added to the list.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Sweet match, with unreal sequences and spots. The crowd reaction and the commentary was very good. Such a sick finish. Thanks for suggesting it Dan. It was shy of the five stars for a few reasons; length of match, the state of the ring (which led to a few mishaps) and the Eddy Guerrerp lowblow that went unnoticed even though the ref stared at it. ****1/2
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Good high-octane opening and the speed never drops. The crowd are chanting mentally a minute into the match. The speed of Red is actually frightening. When you take in the age of both men (Red=20 Ki=23) into account this match is incredible. I love the story of Low Ki not being able to deal with someone who is faster than him but yet we still get to see how lethal he is with his unbelievable array of kicks and elbows. I also enjoy the fact that Low Ki plays the strikers game to counter Red. The two compliment each other so well and the commentary actually get you invested into the match with thier incredible reactions. Oh what the X-Division used to be. Tenay sums it up when he says this match is like watching a Jackie Chan movie. Such a simple but effective finish and Low Ki gets back in the X-Division hunt and Amazing Red has arrived with a great debut. If this was slightly longer it'd be five stars. ****3/4
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:50 pm

This is when WCW was the shit. One thing I always loved about WCW, they were able to provide a big match feel, when a match was meant to be big they made it feel big. DDP's entrance and popularity empitamizes his popularity and Goldberg's entrance is just bad-ass. The crowd is monsterous as well. This is without a doubt one of the best face versus face main events of all time. Diamond Dallas Page really puts it up to Goldberg and the story is all about how DDP isn't just trying to hit and run, he's trying to nail some solid moves. Which he does. I love the size difference factor is emphasised by DDP getting bumped out of the ring constantly and the crowd were really into it. DDP's tactic of working on the arm is brilliant as it negates Goldberg's Jackhammer. I also like that Goldberg initially hurt his arm via spear attempt. The story continues when Goldberg fails at a Jackhammer due to his arm then seems to muster up enough strength to nail one, however, DDP flips and nails a Diamond Cutter. This, this right here is where I firmly believe WCW should have ended the streak and pulled the trigger on DDP. Especially when you think that WCW went on to have Berg lose the streak to Nash. DDP was at the height of his popularity and this was his moment. It was the only time I can recall where the fans would have genuinely bought the streak ending. The crowd reaction at the diamon cutter says it all. The handshake at the end is a nice touch. Just shy of the five stars. ****3/4
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:37 pm

The WWE list is nothing without 'Taker/HBK, parts one and two.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:42 pm

John Cena vs Rob Van Dam | ECW One Night Stand 2006
DX vs Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, and the Big Show | Unforgiven 2006
Mick Foley vs Edge | Wrestlemania 22

These is 3 of my favorite matches
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Jarrett wrote:

Part 1 was way better
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Cole Cabana wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

Part 1 was way better

Both were ****+ so they both were very good. It's been a while since I watched them but I do think that the first match has a better chance of hitting ***** than the second. Neither are in my favourite matches though.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Jarrett wrote:

Nothing? All three matches on the list before this comment were fantastic and revolutionary in their own rights so I wouldn't say nothing ...
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

Nothing? All three matches on the list before this comment were fantastic and revolutionary in their own rights so I wouldn't say nothing ...
None beat those.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

To be honest man neither of them matches would crack my top ten. I don't THINK. Maybe the first one. This is just going to be one of them odd times we disagree about wrestling. Feel free to recommend other matches dude Smile
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:51 am

I'm going to recomend one of my favourite matches of all time, Eddie Guerreo vs. Dean Malenko from ECW's Hostile City Showndown 1995 event. Runs for about 25 minutes is an incredible match which was also the start of an incredible feud. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:59 am

Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

To be honest man neither of them matches would crack my top ten. I don't THINK. Maybe the first one. This is just going to be one of them odd times we disagree about wrestling. Feel free to recommend other matches dude Smile
I am adding matches to a WWE list, and you're a fool to think the first was anything less than in the top two/three WWE matches in history.
Back to top Go down
Jericho
Legend
Legend
Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:03 am

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

I am adding matches to a WWE list, and you're a fool to think the first was anything less than in the top two/three WWE matches in history.

Gotta go with Adam on this one, they were good, no arguing that, but there is definately better matches out there.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:28 am

Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

It probably is in my top 3 matches in WWE history. Not in my top 10 overall matches though.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

Jericho wrote:
I'm going to recomend one of my favourite matches of all time, Eddie Guerreo vs. Dean Malenko from ECW's Hostile City Showndown 1995 event. Runs for about 25 minutes is an incredible match which was also the start of an incredible feud. Enjoy!

Malenko and Guerrero ... Can't wait to watch this!
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:23 am

I fucking love - LOVE - HBK's entrance, presenting him in a near-God like status (which in the wrestling industry he is). I forgot ALL about this. The gong will always elicit a tremendous reaction from wrestling fans, I like to believe that when I'm watching Monday Night RAW with my kids in fifteen years time that when Taker makes a surprise appearance and that gong goes off that they will be marking out as much as me. I love that Undertaker starts all the attacks but HBK nails him every time. It sets up a belief in your head that maybe HBK can do this. It's nearly two minutes before Taker gets any offense in and it's a toss. It's HBK on top again following an injury feign and Thesz Press. Taker tosses him again and this time follows up unloading with heavy strikes. No, NOW HBK's on top. It's not even 3 minutes in and I'm like wtf. The first proper move of the match comes with Old-School. I love the fact that Taker then fails to string a second move together. It really shows how even these two are that they are going move for move. Or, moreso, Taker does a big move, HBK, does a small sequence of low-impact moves. One of the biggest points early on is HBK locking the Figure 4 in. The referee is actually great here, sliding along the ground and pinning any time the shoulders touch the ground. Taker breaks it up but we've something to look for now, will HBK concentrate on the legs? He does instantly but Taker takes control and strings together a huge array of "Vintage" Taker moves. Undertaker goes for the Chokeslam and HBK reverses it into the Crossface. At the moment this is a great story as it indirectly hypes the unpredictibality of the Sweet Chin Music - something that has been already touched on by the commentators - as HBK is locking in submissions and hitting moves from nowhere. Everytime HBK revereses you believe he's going to superkick Taker's face off. Ten minutes in and I literally think to myself this would be a good time for HBK to come close. Just as I say that, we get a great HBK sequence which ends with the classic elbow drop -- or so you think. Taker kips up and catches HBK, attempts a chokeslam, HBK counters attempts a Sweet Chin, Taker drops avoding it, HBK attepts a Figure 4, Taker clinches in Hell's Gates. Incredible. Taker takes control seemingly but as the story of this match has been, HBK is able to prevent a large scale beatdown and he then goes on the offense. I love how HBK goes for a moonsault to the outside -- something he isn't known for -- and he misses. It's as if wrestling logic is telling HBK to stick with his gameplan. Then Undertaker goes for his big spot over the top rope and hits the cameraman, not Michaels. Again, wrestling logic telling these two guys to stick to what they're doing. Taker just makes it into the ring following a 9 count. This was where people started believing HBK would take any form/type of victory. SCM attempt countered into a chokeslam. Kickout. SCM. Kickout. Last Ride, roll through, Last Ride. Kickout. Crowd's going ape, I'm going ape. Taker up top, Elbow drop, NO! Misses. It takes a 7 count to get both men to their feet. TOMBSTONE out of nowhere. Kickout. HBK has kicked out of all four of Takers finishers. Can HBK do this? JR sums it up beautifully "I just had an outer-body experiecnce". Just as it looks like HBK is finished he nails a big DDT. After brilliant selling of the match by HBK he eventually makes it to the top rope and hits a huge Elbowdrop. SWEET CHIN MUSIC. The impact was incredible. I actually thought that was it, thinking back, that came incredibly close. I love how the eveness of the match boils down to the two going back and forth slugging it out. Surely a finisher by either man would do it now. HBK battles out of a Tombstone. HBK goes for the moonsault again (he missed earlier) and Taker catches him. Tombstone. 1,2,3. I love how HBK made one little mistake and he got nailed for it - trying a move that didn't work earlier for a second time. The thing that jumps out about this match is that it's just two guys that have no place being in the same ring, their styles shouldn't work well together but they do, somehow. This is probably the best back and forth BIG matdh I've ever seen.

I'm no a hypocrite and apologies to Jarrett but I'm retracting what I said earlier, this is a five star quality match. *****
Back to top Go down
White guy
Rookie
Rookie
White guy

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

Another great one came from WrestleMania XX
Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels vs Triple H
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm

White guy wrote:
Another great one came from WrestleMania XX
Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels vs Triple H

Great match! Angle v Eddie and Christian v Y2J from the same event were stellar.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Triple H vs Undertaker | Wrestlemania 28

And Adam, check ya PM.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Cole Cabana wrote:
Triple H vs Undertaker | Wrestlemania 28

And Adam, check ya PM.
I was going to mention that 'Taker/HHH 28 topped 27's by quite a bit. I thought it'd be more boring, thinking the storyline would be identical, but that match told a fantastic story in itself.

Although the 'Taker/HBK matches were more consistent and were closer to each other, 25 was ever so slightly better than 26.

I also liked the 2008 Undertaker/Edge feud. If you wanted to sum up Edge's character, this story fit it perfectly. From their WM match, to One Night Stand, at their epic HIAC at SummerSlam. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
RED
#1 Contender
#1 Contender
RED

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Jericho wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

Gotta go with Adam on this one, they were good, no arguing that, but there is definately better matches out there.

Pretty tough to find a better match than HBK/Undertaker WM 25.
It got a 10/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
Adam
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:44 pm

RED wrote:
Jericho wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:
Adam wrote:
Jarrett wrote:

None beat those.

Pretty tough to find a better match than HBK/Undertaker WM 25.
It got a 10/10 from me.

I have definitely witnessed matches that are better than it. BUT it's on par with anything I've seen i.e ***** if that makes sense?

On another note have people watched any of the matches I've reviewed yet? Agree/Disagree?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Presents : Must See Matches   Adam Presents : Must See Matches Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Presents : Must See Matches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next