The Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2020 Universe Meet-Up
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:08 pm by fuck

» I love you all.
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:59 am by Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴɢᴇ

» Impact Wrestling
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:47 pm by Richie

» NEW CAW WRESTLER SPEED GAME
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm by Richie

» For You All.
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:33 am by Harold

» XCW ..:: Sign Up
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 am by fuck

» A Paragraph.
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm by Nova

» COUGHING FITS PANTS OF SHIT
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm by RED

» ATTN: stop cumming on the fucking ants
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm by RED

» live super weed discussion
Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm by RED

Poll #115
Top posting users this week
No user
Did You Know?
DID YOU KNOW?

The first ever draft pick for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers was also a professional wrestler named Leo Nomellini.
Guess the Match #16
Member of the Month
October's Member of the Month is JOEY! Due to being himself. So here's to Joey!
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Next Smackdown General Manager?

Go down 
+3
SP
Jigsaw*
Karl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Karl
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Karl

Next Smackdown General Manager? Empty
PostSubject: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

WWE.com recently posted the following article concerning the Smackdown General Manager spot:

Quote :
While the WWE Universe may still be feeling the fallout from several surprising returns and shocking announcements from Monday’s momentous 1,000th episode of Raw, one particular moment has stood out all week long. We now know that AJ will be the next Raw General Manager, as declared by Mr. McMahon himself. But as for who will take the reins on SmackDown, there was only silence on Friday night. This has brought new questions to the fold, and the WWE Universe is left to wonder: Will the blue brand get a new General Manager, as well?

Well, like you, we here at WWE.com have no idea who may fill those vacant, big blue shoes. And before we begin speculating possibilities for new GMs, we first need to take a step back and ask the very basic question: Does SmackDown truly need a General Manager, or could it work as a self-sustaining show?

As demonstrated Friday night, it’s entirely possible to have compelling, important matches in a GM-less environment. After all, with no local leadership, Alberto Del Rio was still crowned the new No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title in an explosive Fatal 4-Way main event — made earlier in the week. Christian and The Miz worked out their own Intercontinental Title rematch. Heck, even the short-tempered World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus was nice enough to give Daniel Bryan a little "wedding gift" before his match.

Still, a strong argument can also be made that hands-on leadership is absolutely necessary — on a show where anything can happen at any time and split decisions are often needed at a moment’s notice. And even if things do go right on occasion, won’t there always be something missing without the steady — or, for that matter, sometimes unsteady — hand of a GM at the reins? After all, while the GM’s primary responsibility is keeping order, there’s also a certain level of exciting unpredictability that only a person in that position can bring to the table of a WWE event.

Furthermore, if SmackDown is, indeed, destined to have a new GM, another question cannot help but be raised: Just who should the responsibility of choosing that person fall to? Should the new General Manager be picked by the WWE Board of Directors, who have stepped in before in similar situations? Or, as social media has begun to play a revolutionary new role in the squared circle, should the WWE Universe ultimately be responsible for picking the next General Manager?

Questions abound, and the blue brand faithful will just have to stay tuned to Friday nights to see if a new GM is in order.

Could it be possible that they will continue the show without a General Manager or do you think that they will choose one sooner or later?
Back to top Go down
Jigsaw*
Champion
Champion
Jigsaw*

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 pm

I think Teddy Long will be back sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I'd say so. Or Foley.

I think it would be dumb of Smackdown to not have a General Manager. It would just give backbone to a match, because the GM made it. Now really, havoc could strike. I mean, why give another Title shot to Del Rio? It's been his what, second, third time. Why not give it do DB, or Kane even, hell Rey vs Sheamus could be good too. We all know that Sheamus is going to beat Del Rio again and then Orton will return and he will get a title match with Sheamus because the two had a thing on the go before he was suspended.

Foley would be a good twist because he brings comedy to Smackdown. Long had that thing with Aksana which was just kinda weird I mean, she has Antonio now, so they can't really get Long a side partner unless they give him a new diva.

Foley would be sick, and that would be a good way to bring in Dean Ambrose, js. Long has already ran and I think he needs to maybe slower down and join the board of directors or retire or something. Foley still got some life left in him. Another amazing possiblity would be Edge. I mean yes, he stated that his contract with WWE was almost finished and Im not 100% sure if it is fully or not, but none the less. Edge practically gave the last 5 years of his career on Smackdown. He made Smackdown, Smackdown. He was the head of Smackdown for the longest time until his retirement, or so I think anyways.

If Edge became General Manager, ratings could really pick up and things could get better as Edge knows the abilities of others and knows their talents. Another good GM would be Flair. He is gone from TNA now, and is open to come back to the WWE. I know Karl has him as the RAW GM on his booking, and that would be a sick thing to do on TV. Flair, Edge, Foley, Teddy would all be great. But one man stands out, other than Edge for me.

THE ONE MAN ROCK BAND! BAYBEE! HEATH SLATER!

#SlaterforGM
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:55 pm

It's obviously John Laurinaitis.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Executive
Executive
Cole

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Laurinaitis appeared after a dark match on Smackdown, so maybe it will be him.
Back to top Go down
Jarrett
Executive
Executive
Jarrett

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Cole wrote:
Laurinaitis appeared after a dark match on Smackdown, so maybe it will be him.
He's doing that at every show apparently.
Back to top Go down
American Wolf
Rookie
Rookie
American Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Better not be Foley or Teddy, hell no.

Give it back to Laurinaitis or something. It's better then having Teddy back.
Back to top Go down
fuck
Veteran
Veteran
fuck

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:54 pm

SP wrote:
I'd say so. Or Foley.

I think it would be dumb of Smackdown to not have a General Manager. It would just give backbone to a match, because the GM made it. Now really, havoc could strike. I mean, why give another Title shot to Del Rio? It's been his what, second, third time. Why not give it do DB, or Kane even, hell Rey vs Sheamus could be good too. We all know that Sheamus is going to beat Del Rio again and then Orton will return and he will get a title match with Sheamus because the two had a thing on the go before he was suspended.

Foley would be a good twist because he brings comedy to Smackdown. Long had that thing with Aksana which was just kinda weird I mean, she has Antonio now, so they can't really get Long a side partner unless they give him a new diva.

Foley would be sick, and that would be a good way to bring in Dean Ambrose, js. Long has already ran and I think he needs to maybe slower down and join the board of directors or retire or something. Foley still got some life left in him. Another amazing possiblity would be Edge. I mean yes, he stated that his contract with WWE was almost finished and Im not 100% sure if it is fully or not, but none the less. Edge practically gave the last 5 years of his career on Smackdown. He made Smackdown, Smackdown. He was the head of Smackdown for the longest time until his retirement, or so I think anyways.

If Edge became General Manager, ratings could really pick up and things could get better as Edge knows the abilities of others and knows their talents. Another good GM would be Flair. He is gone from TNA now, and is open to come back to the WWE. I know Karl has him as the RAW GM on his booking, and that would be a sick thing to do on TV. Flair, Edge, Foley, Teddy would all be great. But one man stands out, other than Edge for me.

#SlaterforGM

This is why I dislike most wrestling fans. But that's alright, you have an excuse to be an idiot.
Back to top Go down
SP
Executive
Executive
SP

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Future Surge wrote:
SP wrote:
I'd say so. Or Foley.

#SlaterforGM

This is why I dislike most wrestling fans. But that's alright, you have an excuse to be an idiot.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Smackdown General Manager?   Next Smackdown General Manager? Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Smackdown General Manager?
Page 1 of 1